You can see John's obituary here
Friday, December 11, 2020
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Connie Patrick was reunited with her husband Bob as she entered the presence of the Lord November 5. I have fond memories of Bob leading crafts and Connie running the camp store when I was a Stockader at Brigade camp. The Patrick cabin at Stony Glen was built in honor of Bob.
You can see Connie's obituary here
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Evan successfully completed all requirements necessary to receive the highest honor awarded by Christian Service Brigade. The Herald of Christ award is the culmination of the Battalion achievement discipleship program. The award requires a minimum of a nine month internship with a committee of men guiding the candidate on a comprehensive journey through Bible study, memorization, and doctrine; biblical introspection; as well as ministry and community service.
Dale Kinkade, Regional Director for CSB Ministries, presented the award in the presence of family, friends, and members of the church and Battalion.
Evan is a resident of Southington, Ohio, and the son of Tom and Sherry Proverbs. Evan is attending Ohio University and perusing a degree in Media Arts – Games and Animation.Evan's testimony includes God working greatly through Battalion. He began his essay, “When I first began my journey in the Battalion program, I did so quite unwillingly. However, throughout my walk, I have realized the true colors of Battalion and the guys there will be lifelong friends and brothers in Christ.”
Battalion 1180 is pleased to recognize Evan’s steadfast commitment and endurance in this
|Evan Proverbs with the men of his Herald of Christ committee|
Saturday, October 17, 2020
- This Year's activities include Airsoft, Shepherd’s Slinging, Orienteering, Great Hikes, & More
- Comfortable cabins along with Friday night snacks and Saturday breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Bring your own bedding.
- Free-time activities include scenic hikes, fishing, and games (Bring your own fishing tackle)
(Stony Glen is currently requiring masks in public buildings. Outdoor use of masks will be at your own discretion)
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
This is a great event for 6th through 12th grade guys to experience a day of shooting !
- Guys will get a great introduction or be able to increase their skills with an arsenal that includes bows, .22s, and shotguns – we might even toss in some ax throwing.
- NRA 50 ft. small bore scoring on the rifle range.
- Battalions and Fathers and Sons welcome.
- You do not need to be a part of a Battalion to participate in this event.
- Awards for best junior shooter and a wild game lunch included.
When: Saturday, October 3th 2020
from 10:00 to 3:00 p.m.
Where: Stony Glen Camp
How Much: All for $10.00 per person
Lunch is provided
Wednesday, August 12, 2020
The Dial Family has announced a Celebration of Life in memory of James A. Dial
Saturday August 29, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
At **The Sanctuary
Formerly Covenant United Presbyterian Church
421 Spicer Street (corner of Crouse St.)
1 block south of Exchange Street - Akron, 44311
Friends may call one hour prior to the service.
Pastor Dave Bogue and pastor Don Davies officiating.
Due to current health safety regulations,
masks are requires and social distancing will be observed.
**Akron Glass and Gallery is housed in the basement of the building.
Tuesday, July 7, 2020
|DON'T LET 2020 PASS WITHOUT THE BRIGADE CAMP EXPERIENCE|
Registration Deadline: Monday night, August 3rd
- Activities include riflery, archery, trapshooting, swimming, canoeing, fishing (Bring your own fishing tackle), and more.
- Saturday lunch and dinner
- Guided and unguided hiking
- Saturday night campfire
Tent camping: plus $5.00 per person per night (plus $6.00 per person for Saturday breakfast - served at 8:00 a.m)